Saturday, May 15, 2010

A poem (and song)

okay, so I originally wrote this as a poem, but later gave it a melody turned it into a short song. It has been published in some book, you know, one of those "celebrate children's poetry" kinda thing. They thought this was good, so they put it in. I wrote this when I was 11

BROKEN MEMORY LANE

well today I took a stroll
in the back of my mind
just to see what was still there
but when I reached the chipped
and weathered gates
something forgotten was
in the air.

Along the path I see
little bits of broken glass
still shining
but in the ground
I touch some little bells
hanging of an olive tree
but where are their sound?
I guess things just aren't the same
on Broken Memory Lane

Two little white clay birds
that used to be blue
mold in the now
dried up fountain
I stop in a grassy clearing to
admire the view
but all the trees are gone from the mountain
As I walk a little hoo-la-hoop
starts rolling towards me
but where are all it's colors?
I guess things really have changed
down Broken Memory Lane

hope you liked it =)

No comments: